We invite you to join us for an outdoor worship service to be held at the church on Saturday mornings at 9:00 A.M. Weather permitting, we plan to hold these services each week! Even though our regathered indoor worship service has returned at 11:30 A.M. on Saturday mornings, we’ve received feedback that many are not yet ready to move back indoors for gathered worship. We’ve heard you and are pleased to be able to continue to offer an outdoor worship option.
The latest information is available on the sign-up form through the button below. If you have additional questions about the outdoor worship service, read on, or call the church office at 301.384.2920. We look forward to worshipping with you!
The sign-up form will open on Friday morning for that week’s outdoor service.
What can I expect at an outdoor worship service?
If you’ve attended a typical worship service, you’ll recognize much of what happens during a outdoor service. Expect the service to last approximately 45-50 minutes in length. It typically includes scripture, responsive readings, musical selections, and a full sermon.
As there are many details surrounding a service of this nature during the pandemic, we ask that you please read the details below thoroughly before completing the sign-up process.
What do I need to know to attend?
- A sign-up process is required to stay within county guidelines, regulations, and best practices.
- Masks will be required while on campus, and we will practice physical distancing.
- There will be no live stream video broadcast of this service. This service takes place in addition to our regular online broadcast on Sabbath mornings.
- As it’s an outdoor service, we encourage you to dress comfortably.
What about parking and seating?
To ensure that as many people have an opportunity to attend the drive-in service in the way they’re most comfortable, we have two options for attending:
- Drive-in Worship: For those uncomfortable with the idea of sitting in the congregational area, we will also broadcast the audio from the service over a low-power AM radiofrequency. A dedicated parking area will be provided in the lower and grass parking lots behind the church. Note that aside from visits to the restroom, guests who opt to participate in the drive-in worship service will need to remain in their cars to allow us to comply with state and county regulations.
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) Seating: You are also welcome to sit outside, immediately adjacent to your vehicle, as long as social distancing is maintained. Should you choose this option, please note that you will need to bring your own chairs.
A bulletin/order of service is available for download on the sign-up page. Please plan to print a copy to bring with you as we are unable to supply printed copies of the order of service or hymnals as part of the service.
TUNE YOUR RADIO TO AM 1620 WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE CHURCH.
We appreciate your help as we work to ensure the continued health and safety of our community as we come together to praise our Heavenly Father through these drive-in worship services!