This coming Sabbath our Spencerville church will be highlighting our outreach ministries during the Spencerville Outreach Ministry Fair. There are several reasons that inspire us to make this a priority as part of the DNA of our church family’s mission:
- We believe that God is passionate about restoring His physical, mental, and spiritual image in us.
- a. God created humanity perfect, in His image, male and female and gave our first parents dominion over all that was within their reach.
- b. “Through sin, the divine likeness was marred, and well-nigh obliterated. Man’s physical powers were weakened, his mental capacity was lessened, his spiritual vision dimmed.”
- c. “To restore in man the image of his Maker, to bring him back to the perfection in which he was created, to promote the development of body, mind, and soul, that the divine purpose in his creation might be realized—this was to be the work of redemption. This is the object of education, the great object of life.”
- Jesus made the restoration of the image of God in humanity a priority.
- a. “Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil because God was with Him.”
- b. “It was His mission to bring complete restoration to men; He came to give them health and peace and perfection of character.”
- Our service in our community needs to include: restoration of physical health to those in our immediate surroundings, restoration of educational (mental) resources, restoration of spiritual/social resources, restoration of dominion (stewardship) under God in those whom we serve.
- The nineteen outreach ministries to be highlighted on Sabbath each have a part in this part of God’s plan of salvation.
This Sabbath (September 8) our church service will be modified.
- Our First Service worship will end at the regular time (9:50 AM). You will be invited to go directly to the Fellowship Hall to experience the various ministries highlighted in the fair. There will be no closing hymn, and as such, the offering will be collected at the doors.
- There will be no Sabbath School program. The Ministry Fair will take its place.
- Lunch will be served in the food tent beginning at 11:15 AM.
- Our Second Service worship will end earlier than usual. You will be invited to go directly to the fellowship hall to experience the various ministries highlighted in the fair. There will be no closing hymn. Lunch will continue to be served at the food tent following your participation in the Ministry Fair.
Come and celebrate the opportunities that are available for you and your family. It’s our prayer that you will find areas in which you can get involved in this critical aspect of our identity in our community. We are a church that values service, evangelism, nurture, and discipleship. We invite you to come and take part in the fun!