Organist Jeremy Filsell will close the official 2011-2012 Evensong Concert Series with a special concert on Saturday, May 26 at 4 p.m. The first half of the program featured organ works by American composers, Raymond Weidner, Richard Purvis, Gerald Near and Leo Sowerby; a fitting tribute to the American made Moller, Op. 11806 organ. The second half featured Filsell’s own transcription of Sergei Rachmaninoff‘s Symphonic Dances, Op. 45.
The concert was recorded and shot on two high definition cameras. Clips from the concert will be available for viewing on the Evensong Concert Series YouTube channel, once they’ve been edited and produced.
Several people, following the concert, asked about obtaining recordings by Jeremy Filsell. Because we do not offer anything for sale during the Sabbath hours, those recordings were not available after the program. However, they are readily available from a number of sources. Below is a quick link to just a few of them from Amazon:
- Complete Organ Symphonies of Louis Vierne
- The Oxford Book of Wedding Music
- Complete Organ Works of Marcel Dupré
- Piano Music of Herbert Howells and Bernard Stevens
- 20th Century Swiss Organ Music
- Widor, Organ Symphonies Nos. 9 & 10
- Virtuoso Organ Works, Vol. 4